This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alice Yucht 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author
     John Cherry 
    Participant

My wife and I received the following e-mail today…

<span style=”font-family: ‘Verdana’,sans-serif; font-size: 10.5pt;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>FirstService Residential is excited to announce your new and improved community website is NOW LIVE.
    To access your community’s information, simply register on the new website at: </span><span style=”color: #0000ff;”>https://somersett.connectresident.com</span&gt;<span style=”color: #000000;”> and click on <span style=”font-family: ‘Verdana’,sans-serif;”>”Resident Access”</span> in the top right-hand corner (you will be brought to the <span style=”font-family: ‘Verdana’,sans-serif;”>”Register”</span> button).
    <span style=”font-family: ‘Verdana’,sans-serif;”>Important:</span> Even if you were already registered on the old website, you will still need to register for your new community website. </span></span><span style=”font-family: ‘Verdana’,sans-serif; font-size: 10.5pt;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>Register today to start taking advantage of all that FirstService Residential Connect has to offer!</span></span>

<span style=”font-family: ‘Verdana’,sans-serif; font-size: 10.5pt;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>Sincerely, Your FirstService Residential Community Management Team</span></span>

I went ahead and registered because this is where I can track the monthly dues payments. What’s confusing is why this is coming out now when we’re switching to a new management organization starting in March? Hopefully we, Sierra Canyon, didn’t pay for the work involved in putting out an updated web site!

I worked in the federal government for many years and watched with interest the problems caused with the periodic contract cycle reviews. Typically new bids for a service would be requested and the lowest bidder would be chosen. Sometimes the savings would be minimal but the internal costs of training new workers, etc, etc, etc were sometimes amazing. Big government started to listen to concerns about the process and allowed intangible items/costs to be considered when choosing a new contractor. Sometimes it made sense to keep the current contractor at a slightly higher price than other bidders just to keep things running smoothly. My point is that I hope the Board of Directors considered such things before switching to a new management company. The time and effort required to learn the processes of a new company, by the Board and all residents, has a value.

I look forward to registering to a new web site and learning how to navigate it,  as well as signing up for a new “Click Pay” style process, whatever that may be.

Alice Yucht 
    Participant

Just. Ignore. It.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 . Sierra Canyon Community. All Rights Reserved

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account